Monday 28 January 2013

Cause I Don't Like Apple Pie

Remember that day in last September?
There was a sudden change in the weather?
A slight chill in the air, but pleasant all the same.
We were both tired and  hungry.
And all we really wanted was to find a place to sit?
So we walked down to Sid's corner.
We'd ordered tofu, black beans in sauce and some rice.
And then you'd asked me if I'd like apple pie for dessert?
And I had said I don't mind.
Actually, I did mind. I don't know why, but I don't like it at all.
And I don't know why I'm telling you this right now.
But you need to know this.
You said you love me, yesterday.
And I....I'm not sure, it's me.
You see, I don't like apple pie.
And I've had people fall for someone else before.

3 comments:

  1. For each and all of us,
    it rings so true.
    You see we too fall for them,
    and just like that, before our eyes,
    they turn into someone else,
    crouching behind an invisible veil,
    unknowingly biding their time,
    waiting, waiting to surprise,
    to shock, to stun.
    To freeze our hearts and minds
    gleefully glorifying our mistake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do fall for them too, don't we? sigh...That was beautifully put, thanks :)

      Delete