Friday 18 January 2013

As The Day Fades

I like watching the sun bounce off broken glass. Don't you?
In fact, I've always loved light on broken glass. So pretty.
Hey, stop bobbing in and out of sight, love.
Your hair smell lovely, by the way.
You know, I love the song 'Chasing cars'. Snow Patrol's so good.
Huh? What are you saying? Slow down...
Does it hurt???
Well... I can taste my blood through my teeth.
And my knee's sticking out at a weird angle but, I can't really feel my leg.
You think the shoulder's broken too?
And there's a dull ache in my arms, but, nothing hurts as much as you think it would.
I guess it's my nerves...doing what they're supposed to do.
Switching off. So it doesn't hurt.
But my chipped tooth hurts, bad.
Tooth aches, seriously - worst things.
Shoot!... My project proposal's due tomorrow.
Yeaah....I guess...He'll understand.
Funny, I'm wasting time thinking about this right now.I must be Scrooge.
I mean... isn't this time for some kind of a divine intervention?
I mean... I'm probably not going to make it. This is the end.
This is my end.
I like laying here, I don't want to move.
And these leaves above are beautiful. The sky seems clear today.
I should probably tell you how much I love you right now though, right? Right...
Well, I do love you, there's never been doubting that, and mom and dad and baby bro...
You can tell them for me...It's just somehow I can't seem to mouth the words, my throat's dry.
But I'll try, "I love..."
There, said those two words... you can take it from here.
But really,
You know I've always loved the song 'Chasing cars'.
And your hair smell good, really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment