Wednesday 17 September 2014

Why I Took The Stairs Today


I was told it is fun to be a fitness freak,
Actually, I don't believe that at all,
But, I thought...
If you were one, it must really mean you like to live.
Today, I was trying to rediscover wanting...
I was hoping for a happy accident, you know,
To see a smiling face come down the stairs,
As I was climbing up.
I was hoping... I'd accidentally bump into someone,
And we'd share an awkward little chuckle,
And maybe I'd make a new friend.
In fact, I will not lie...
On the first few stairs, I had even found myself wishing,
That I would fall in love...
What with the light shining down on your face,
Through the window...
How pretty you'd look.
I wish I knew who you were.
So, I took the stairs today.
Don't usually do post lunch,
Just don't feel like it,
But did today, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment