Friday 14 March 2014

Ode To You

Days like these are momentous...
I don't know if that's the right word to use,
But this, this is how you shape me...
On days like these...
Dipped in languor,
And callous laughter under the sun. 
You could screen the whole world twice over,
And never have this, never find this.
I owe you more than you will ever know,
I do....
Just this, to know this,
That the fire that lights you, lights me,
You have to be one of the luckiest.
I would call this love,
Only love, was never this easy,
Love is a little unruly.
Days like these...make me happy,
Make me sad, and then,
Make me grateful.
For I probably have more than my share.
There's a song I could hum, only you'd understand,
You're the world, I do.
Of all the secrets I'll ever keep, you by far, are the holiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment